Jun 17, 2024  
2019-2020 College Catalog 
2019-2020 College Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Transfer Degrees

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Programs of Study

What is the MTA?

MTA refers to the Michigan Transfer Agreement. This endorsement on a transfer degree assures that the student has satisfied the requirements of the agreement by completing 30 credits with at least a “C” in each course:

–English Composition I and either English Composition II or a Communications course

–Two humanities classes from two disciplines* (Studio classes are not allowed.)

–Two social science classes from two disciplines** 

–Quantitative Literacy or higher*** 

–Two science classes from two disciplines. At least one must include a lab. ****

Kirtland Community College has determined that the following courses meet the requirements:

*Humanities—ART-10000, ART-10103 & ART-11700, ENG-21400 or higher, any HIS, HUM-20500, MUS-10100, MUS-12300 & MUS-12500, any PHL or THE-12000 

**Social Science—any ECO, GEO, POL, PSY or SOC 

***Math—MTH-12500, MTH-13000, MTH-18001, MTH-20600, MTH-22002 or MTH-22102 

****Science –any AST, BIO, CHE, GEL or PHY course


Articulation Agreements & Transfer Guides

Bellevue University

     Bachelor’s Degree completion: http://www.kirtland.edu/wp-content/uploads/registrar/college-articulation-credit/Bellevue-University-Memorandum-of-Understanding.pdf

Davenport University

     BBA-Multiple guides: http://www.kirtland.edu/wp-content/uploads/registrar/college-articulation-credit/Davenport-University.pdf

Kaplan University

     BS-Networking Technology: http://www.kirtland.edu/wp-content/uploads/registrar/college-articulation-credit/Kaplan-University-All-agreements.pdf

Madonna University

     Bachelor of Social Work: http://www.kirtland.edu/wp-content/uploads/registrar/college-articulation-credit/Madonna-University-Social-Work.pdf

Palmer College of Chiropractic

     BS and Doctor of Chiropractic: http://www.kirtland.edu/wp-content/uploads/registrar/college-articulation-credit/Palmer-College-of-Chiropractic.pdf

Saginaw Valley State University

     BA-Elementary Education http://www.kirtland.edu/wp-content/uploads/registrar/college-articulation-credit/SVSU-Elementary-Education.pdf

See additional transfer information on the web at


Remember! When thinking about transferring the question is not

“Will my class transfer?” BUT…

“HOW will my class transfer?

Will this class satisfy a requirement or elective for my desired degree?”


    Associate Degree

    Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Programs of Study